Monday, September 24, 2007

"Oh, I love the People! It's fun people fun time!"

We've just completed staging, which is slightly insane. We fly out tomorrow (Tuesday) around 5:30 pm. Of course we leave our hotel (which is only about 40 minutes from the airport) at 11 am, so that should make for some fun airport time (hint: call me to chat if you want to hear my beautiful voice one last time). We land in Johannesburg Wednesday night and spend the night there, and then fly from Jo-burg to Madagascar Thursday. Because we get in so late Thursday, they've decided to put us up at a hotel in Tana (Antananarivo) for the night rather than moving us to PC Headquarters which are about 2.5 hours away. On Friday we'll make the trek to pc headquarters and then to our host families.

Staging has been great--there are only 19 people in my group now (we started with 22 but have lost a few along the way. Hopefully everyone else is here to stay!) and every one of them is amazing. Evan was singing the praises of his group, so I was very glad to find out that mine definitely lives up to the hype. I couldn't pick better people to spend the next 10 weeks (and 2 years) with. We're off to a pub tonight to enjoy our last real American meal for awhile and we also begin our malaria prophylaxis tonight, and I've been told to expect some interesting dreams. I'll let you know how that goes. There's not a ton to report yet-training was mainly logistical, but I promise I'll update whenever I have internet and good stories. There isn't any internet access at training because apparently past PCVs used it inappropriately...oh well. So send me letters! And, as they keep reminding us, peace corps will tell you if anything goes drastically wrong, so no news is good news. Veloma! (Bye! And I'm pretty sure this one's right...)

ps if you haven't figured out where the title of this post comes from yet, shame on you.

No comments: